Holy hell this was freaking amazing!
I didn’t expect it to come out this good – but it did. First time making sous vide garlic-chili tofu.
Every bite was bursting with so much flavor. The texture was very meaty-like.I also used the leftover sauce to pour on top of the rice and tofu. Probably the best tofu I have ever had.
180F / 4 hours. Recipe:
– 1 block of super firm tofu
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons of fried chili-garlic paste
The tofu I used was previously frozen. To defrost, I put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes. I then pressed the liquid out from the tofu.
1) Slice the tofu in thick chunks.
2) Pan fry until golden on each side.
3) Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil, and chili garlic paste.
4) Throw tofu into the mix.
5) Then transfer the tofu and sauce into a bag.
6) Sous vide at 180F/4 hours.
Make sure to layer them side-by-side for an even cook.
10/10 will make again.
Note: Don’t use silken tofu, use regular tofu.