You know that feeling – you want a “guilty” food without the guilty. Well, guess what. I just saved your life.
Trying to reduce my consumption of oil to see what this does for me.
What You Need:
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- 1 whole onion, minced
- 1 while red bell pepper, minced
- Like, 2 cups of water
- Chili powder
- A bunch of garlic powder
- Sazon seasoning
- Black pepper
- Whatever beans you like (I chose light pink kidney beans)
- A pinch of nutritional yeast (optional)
How To Make It The Fries:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop potatoes into fries and lay on parchment paper.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Set to boil for 1-2 minutes.
How To Make The Chili:
- Dump the tomatoes, onion, red bell pepper, and 1 cup of water in a deep pan/pot.
- Bring it to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, or until water has been cooked away.
- While veggies are cooking, smash your cooked beans with a fork, leaving some whole.
- After veggies have cooked, add your beans, sazon, black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and nutritional yeast.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to chili mixture and let it cook at a boil for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Add more seasonings if you want.
Happy eating! 🙂