I was doing a little bit of experimenting tonight and decided to sous vide some tempeh. I know, I know, when you hear “sous vide” you usually think of meat. But there’s actually more you can do with the cooking method than may have suspected.
This was my first time at attempting to sous vide tempeh – so there are a few things I’d definitely tweak:
- I would have left the tempeh to cook in the bath for maybe 2.5 – 3 hours. The Tempeh wasn’t as soft as I would have liked it to be, and I definitely would have liked it more tender.
- It was a little plain. It could have done well with salt (forgot to add any) and I would have added a little more honey mustard.
- Ingredients should have included some fat (oil or butter).
But you live and you learn. Will try this out again in the next coming days! 🙂
Temperature: 180 degrees Fahrenheit
Time: A little under 2 hours
- Add tempeh and lots of honey mustard in a food grade plastic bag.
- Let it cook in the bath for 2 hours at 180 degrees.
- Remove tempeh.
- Fry tempeh in very hot oil until golden on each side (1 min each side).
- Topped it with more honey mustard.
Obviously this is not a perfect recipe. Gonna come out with something better! I promise!