It’s been awhile since I’ve had a jibarito sandwich, and since I am on a seitan kick, I decided to fry something up. Sandwiched between two golden slices of fried plantain were two layers of lightly salted, sizzling seitan, fresh tomatoes, and garlic + herb lemonaise.
Lettuce is typically thrown in this sandwich, but I was opting out of the greens today.
Can’t even tell you how perfect this was! It definitely satisfied the salt and meat craving I was having. It’s super easy and fast to make!
Alright, here’s the recipe:
What You’ll Need:
- 1 green plantain
- Cheese (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Mayo of choice
You can make this vegan by ditching the cheese and getting vegan mayo. Sietan is vegan. 😉
How To Make It:
- Peel plantain. Cut in half, then cut diagonally.
- Fry plantain in medium-high heat until golden on both sides.
- Remove plantains from oil. Set it on paper towels.
- Place plantains between two cutting boards and apply pressure to flatten.
- Re-fry plantains for 1 minute on each side.
- Set plantains aside.
- Fry seitan and add salt + pepper while frying.
- Fry seitan for about 2 minutes, or until golden (use the same pan).
- Assemble sandwich: Add the mayo, sietan, tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese (optional).
- Eat, obviously.
Hope you love it! 🙂