While scrolling down my Facebook feed, someone mentioned ‘Ice Cream For Breakfast Day.’ And I was like what? That’s a thing? Because I am totally down to celebrate. Here’s a vegan recipe that will for sure give you a sugar high at 7 in the morning. YAY!
I used some of the stuff on hand – and that included pancake mix, syrup, and bananas. I wanted to have ice cream for breakfast, but I wanted it to be epic. So how about some pancakes, hugging a ridiculously sweet scoop of bananas?
What You’ll Need:
- Pancake mix
- Pancake syrup
- Vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon of Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- A pinch of Stevia
- 1 Ripe banana
- Vegan milk/water
How To Make It The Pancakes:
- Follow the instructions on the back of your pancake mix box. No need to add any eggs. You can either add vegan milk or water to your mix – up to you!
- In the mix, add Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa and Stevia. Mix well.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto lightly buttered skillet.
- Flip when pancakes begin to bubble and bottom is firm.
How To Make The Vegan Ice-Cream:
- Peel banana + cut banana into 1-inch slices.
- Place the pieces on a glass plate. Place in a freezer for 2+.
- Put the pieces into a blender/food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Optional: add a dash of sugar if you care for more sweetness.
- Mix your ice-cream with whatever toppings you heart so desires.
- Stuff the ice-cream in between two marvelous chocolate pancakes.
- You are so damn welcome.