If you’re not cooking your spinach in brown sugar, you’re doing it all wrong.
If you’re looking for a side dish that is fast and easy to make, this should definitely be your go-to! This only takes 10 minutes to prepare and it’s probably one of my top favorite vegetable dishes. With the mix of sweet and savory, this bowl of spinach make it hard to just have one serving. Oh, by the way, if you’re weird about greens, I promise you’ll fall in love with this recipe, or your money back (jk jk i’m broke).
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 4 slices tempeh
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
How To Make It:
- Fry tempeh in olive oil until crispy on both sides. Remove tempeh.
- Keep oil in pan. Add more oil if necessary. Add the garlic and onion and saute until soft.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add spinach and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper, and pepper flakes.
- Serve spinach with small pieces of tempeh mixed in.
Let me know what you think!