For the past few weeks, I have been craving homemade lasagna. I live in a small place with no oven, so I decided to put on my creative chef hat on and do some diggin’. I found that there were plenty of recipes for stove top lasagna. I made my first test pie last week.
It was a huge success!
It’s pretty easy to make, probably a little easier than the oven version. For this pie, I used up some chipotle sausages from Field Roast, since I had them laying around in my fridge. By the way – it was my first time trying these sausages. I will give everyone a food review in a few days!
I like recipes that are short and simple, so no worries, I won’t bore you with a 3-page long headache with things we don’t need.
Dale, time to cook.
What You’ll Need:
- Oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Pasta sauce
- Mozarella cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Vegan sausages/ veggie meat substitutes/ mushrooms/whatever you want between the lasagna layers
How To Make It:
- Cook your meat substitute or whatever you plan on stuffing your lasagna first.
- Heat a skillet over low-medium heat with your favorite pasta sauce. Add enough to cover the pan (thin layer).
- Place your first lasagna layer. I add just 2 short pieces for my layers.
- Spread meat substitute on layer.
- Some ricotta (I add lots of of it because why the hell not)
- Top with sauce
- Top with mozzarella
- Repeat until you can’t fit anymore layers. Make sure the top layer is just the lasagna and the sauce.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. I covered my pan with aluminum foil.
- Uncover and add more mozzarella cheese on top. Cover. Cook for about 2 minutes.