I was running out groceries, so I decided to creative in the kitchen and use the items I had a left in my kitchen. This yuca flat bread has the same cooking concept as the yuca cakes that I made a few weeks ago.
What I love about these is that they only require a handful of items and they are very easy to make. Remember everyone, cooking isn’t necessarily a science. There are so many ways you can create a wholesome meal.
This flatbread is made over a stove-top. The only thing I would change about this recipe is having these things cooked in an oven, rather than over fire. But sometimes you’ve gotta work with what you have. Let me know how these turn out for you. 🙂
If you have a better way to make these, feel free to let comment below and share your tips and tricks!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 frozen yuca
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic salt
How To Make It:
- Boil the yuca for about 15 minutes, or until soft enough to pierce with a fork.
- Remove and drain the yuca from the water. Let it cool enough to handle.
- Remove the stems from inside the yuca.
- Smash and mix the yuca. Add garlic salt or any other seasonings you wish to add.
- Mix well and mold the mix into a flat, circular shape.
- Add olive oil over medium heat. Cook the bread on eat side until golden.
- Dress it up however you see fit. Then eat!