This is an easy recipe that requires only a handful of ingredients. I also topped my yuca cakes with mixed vegetables and beans to give it a pop of flavors. Get creative with it! Have it with beans, rice, hummus, or just a side of hot sauce.
What You’ll Need:
- Frozen yuca
- Your favorite seasonings (I used sazon)
- Olive oil
How To Make It:
- Add water to a pot and set to a boil over medium heat. Boil the yuca until you’re able to piece a fork through (about 15 minutes)
- Take the yuca out and let it cool to handle.
- Remove the stems from inside the yuca. Smash the yuca with a fork.
- Add your favorite spices and seasoning and mix through.
- Mold the cakes into a round shape.
- Over medium heat, add some olive oil. Cook the cakes on each side until golden.
Instagram | Instagram.com/BowlOfBeans
Facebook | Facebook.com/bowlbeans
Pinterest | Pinterest.com/bowlofbeans
Twitter | Twitter.com/bowlofbeansblog