Also, these are very easy to make. If you haven’t noticed, I am a big fan of delicious dishes with minimal effort. So, you might see a trend in my recipes – they are pretty easy and only require a handful of ingredients. The same can be said about these burgers. The great thing about these veggie burgers is that they are packed with fiber and protein, you’ll feel full. These burgers will cure your hunger pangs (don’t forget the garlic fries on the side!) You can make also make these burgers vegan, and opt out the cheese and MorningStar Veggie Breakfast Bacon Strips.
This recipe is for one burger patty.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup of canned black beans, liquid drained
- 1/4 cup of onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of bell peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Olive oil
How To Make It:
- Over low-medium heat, cook the onions, bell peppers, and garlic until soft.
- Smash the beans then add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Mix well.
- Add a bit of flour (about a tablespoon/add more if needed).
- Mix the flour into the beans mixture thoroughly. Add enough flour to make a firm patty.
- Over medium heat, add some olive oil. Cook the patties on both side for about 6 minutes, or until heated through.
- Then top the burger with your choice of toppings! 🙂