Seriously, beans has to be in just about every single dish I make. It’s my favorite – along with potatoes (mmm). It’s one of those things that you can throw into just about anything, and it’ll make your dish complete (especially with grains…because you know…complete protein and all). Beans are pretty easy to make, but it takes a little more effort than just popping a can open.
Alright guys, let’s get cooking.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 packet of sazon
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sofrito (optional)
How To Make It:
- Over medium heat, add your olive oil into your saucepan.
- Add your bell peppers, onion, and garlic and cook until soft (about 5 minutes). Also add sofrito if you want.
- Add the whole can of beans (without draining water), tomato sauce, and sazon.
- Bring the heat down to low and let it cook for about 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
Cooking tip: Taste as you cook. Don’t be afraid to add a little more of something you want. I personally LOVE garlic, cayenne pepper, and chili pepper, so I usually throw those three things into my beans as well.
Advice: If you’re not down for the canned liquid, dump it, rinse your beans, and just make sure to add water to your saucepan. As I mentioned before, taste as you cook. Figure out what nudging your taste buds.