Okay, so these are also called pastellilos, turnovers, meat(less) pies, or even glorious-stuffed-things. But you can call them whatever fancies your belly.
To begin, we’re going to need to make our filling. A few days ago I posted the recipe for vegan picadillo, which can also be used as our filling for our empanadas. You may check out the recipe here.
Once you’ve got your filling cooked and tasty, we need to actually assemble our empanadas. So, let’s begin.
What You’ll Need:
- Goya Discos
- Oil for frying
- Some flour
How To Make It:
- Place your discos on a lightly floured surface.
- Add your vegan picadillo into the middle of you disco.
- Fold in half. Press down open edges with your thumb, then seal with a fork (on both sides!)
- Fill oil into your saucepan. You don’t need that much – maybe to fill up to about 1.5 inches. Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook empanadas on each side for about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.